Tuesday, January 8, 2013

My favorite books of 2012

I ended 2012 a little shy of my usual goal of reading 52 books in 52 weeks.  But, considering that I met my goal of leading a more balanced life AND I went back to teaching in the classroom, I think that 45 books is still a fairly good accomplishment.  I do not plan to deviate from my goal of having a balanced life, so it is possible that I might not read 52 books next year either.  But, I will be reading, and I will keep blogging about what I read.

I did take a few minutes to review this year's posts and to compile the annual list of my favorite books of the year.  It always amazes me how I can re-read a post and recall how I felt when I was writing or how I felt as I was reading.  Books are powerful.  Words are powerful.  I love them both.

So, here it is.  The list of this year's favorites...
1.  Home Front by Kristin Hannah
2.  Saving CeeCee Honeycutt by Beth Hoffman
3.  Where We Belong by Emily Giffin
4.  Dandelion Summer by Lisa Wingate
5.  Lone Wold by Jodi Picoult
6.  The Fifty Shades trilogy by EL James
7.  Blind Your Ponies by Stanley Gordon West
8.  The Ice Cream Girls by Dorothy Koomson
9.  The Girl Who Chased the Moon by Sarah Addison Allen
10.   Blue Eyed Devil by Lisa Kleypas


If you can't find time to read a book a week, as I strive to do, read one of these titles.  They are the ones that moved me, that spoke to me, that touched my heart.   Maybe one of them will touch you too.

Happy Reading and Happy New Year!
:) Dodie


No comments:

Post a Comment