Tuesday, January 8, 2013

#1: Finding the Dream by Nora Roberts

Finding the Dream is the last of the Dream Trilogy by Nora Roberts and it was a very satisfying conclusion to the series.  As I mentioned in the last blog from 2012,  it's never a good idea to not have the final book in a series with you when you travel.  I was left wondering for a couple of days how the entire story would play out and had wished that I had been smart enough to take this last book with me when I was traveling for the holidays.

Anyway, this last book is centered around Laura Templeton and she's a very interesting character.  She's a single mom to two girls, divorced, but still a Templeton, so you can only feel so badly for her.  Yes, it must be rough to raise two girls on your own, but when you have a live in house keeper and cook who are willing to make sure that the girls eat before being driven to their private school,  how bad can your life really be?  My heart does break for her, at times, like when her ex-husband tells her that he never loved her.  But, when she meets Mick and her life suddenly turns around, that ex-husband and his mean behavior suddenly is easily forgotten.  The romance Laura begins with Mick is a steamy one and if you are a horse lover or have a thing with barns, this is the book for you!

Besides the romance, Roberts does a great job of finally ending within the pages of this book the story with Seraphina, the young girl who threw herself  from the cliffs because of a broken heart.  Laura, Margo, and Kate have long searched for the dowry that was rumored to be left behind when Seraphina died.  I won't ruin the tale for you but the ending to this part of the story is a great one.

As I have said before about Nora Roberts, her series books are fabulous and I really can get into them.  They are light but not too light, seem to always have a great ending, and are filled with truly interesting characters.  I'm sure for this reason, 2013 will see another Nora Roberts trilogy.  After all, I read two of them in 2012!

Happy reading everyone!
:) Dodie

No comments:

Post a Comment