Tuesday, January 3, 2017

#48: Talking as Fast as I Can by Lauren Graham

This past September, I binge watched Gilmore Girls.  All 7 seasons.  All 22 episodes per season. I can't believe I never watched the show when it was originally aired (but after reading Graham's book I suspect it was because I was too busy watching Friends).  I can't believe it because I am Rory. Maybe not as quick witted nor as tall and skinny but otherwise I am Rory.  Oh well.  I've watched them all now.

And I have watched the Netflix re-boot. And I watched "Fall" twice and cried both times.  I love this show.  Love.

So, I also watched Rachael Ray when she had Luke/Scott and Lorelai/Lauren on her show and after hearing about Lauren Graham's new book, I had to order it and read it. I just knew it was going to give me my GG fix.  I was wrong.  The book is about Lauren Graham's life, which I should've expected and while it does have a couple of chapters about GG, it didn't have enough for me.  I loved those chapters and cried while I read her journal entries from the reboot.  And I am hoping, with Lauren, that the ending is a cliffhanger, not the end.

It can't be the end.  It was a total cliffhanger.  Total.

If you are a GG fan, you should read this book.  Even though it doesn't have a lot of GG stuff in it, it's still a cool read.  I now know lots of information about Lauren Graham that I never knew before.  LOTS.  She's an amazing woman.  So smart and so talented.  And so cool.  I'd like to know her and be her friend.

But surely she's not done playing Lorelai.  Surely.  It was a cliffhanger.  Right???

Happy reading!
-Dodie


No comments:

Post a Comment